Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Alberta Centre for Active Living

Professor Chuck Killingsworth, Ph.D., CTRS, recently sent out a message to the ATRA educators list in which he shared information about the Alberta Centre for Active Living. The Center supports research and education and serves as an advocate for physical activity for Alberta and Canada. But information provided by the Centre will certainly be of interest to those beyond the borders of our neighbors to the North. Chuck mentioned the Centre's web site and materials on physical activity and mental health. In exploring the web site I found some interesting links on exercise and mental health. In case you want to check the Centre's web site out for yourself the address is www.centre4activeliving.ca

Chuck's information falls on the heels of my post of June 18 titled "Great! Training in Physical Activity." In that post I mention an apparent growing interest in physical activity by RTs and I call for university RT professional preparation programs to require a course in physical activity.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home