Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Friday, June 16, 2006

International Session at ATRA Conference

Earlier this month I talked about the international travel of Youngkhill Lee and Bryan McCormick and suggested ATRA should hold an International Institute at the Annual Conference. Guess what. There will be an international session at ATRA.

I recently heard from SIU professors Heewan Yang, Ph.D., CTRS, and Marjorie Malkin, Ed.D., CTRS. They informed me that they will be doing a session at the ATRA Conference in Orlando titled "Globalization of Recreational Therapy 2006." Speakers for the session will include Joy Lin (Taiwan), Yongho Lee (Canada), Jari Aho (Finland), and Jun-Ahn Chae & Ara Lee (Korea). Heewan and Marjorie are to be congratulated for organizing this international event. I would urge ATRA members to support it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home