Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

RTs and International Travel

It was my pleasure to have lunch today with former IU colleagues Youngkhill Lee and Bryan McCormick. Both are soon to depart on international trips. Youngkhill is headed to Mongolia, a country in Central Asia that is bordered by Russia and China. Bryan is going to Istanbul, the largest city in Turkey. (Ray West and other more mature RTs may recall that Istanbul was known as Constantinople until 1930.)

It was exciting for me to know that two of our colleagues are traveling to such distant places in the world -- where I am sure they will be spreading the good word about RT. It would be nice to know of other RTs who are doing international work. If you are, I hope you will comment on this post and let us know of your travels.

Learning about the international travel of Youngkhill and Bryan brought to my mind ATRA's International Institute held in Cincinnati in 2000 at ATRA's Annual Conference. All who participated felt the institute was a great event. Perhaps it is time for ATRA to organize another International Institute. What do you think?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home