Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Recreation Therapy Videos

I just posted the following on ATRAnet and thought I'd repost it on the RT Blog. Here it is: I recently spoke at the Utah Recreation Therapy Association Conference. Although a state conference, it is more of a regional conference with 350 RTs attending from several states. An impressive meeting. While there I was told that several RTs and students had viewed the Recreation Therapy Videos made available free of charge by Indiana University. A group of students said they particularly enjoyed viewing the video “History of Therapeutic Recreation: Parts I, ll, lll.” Yet, I find many do not know that the RT videos are available at no charge via streaming. To take a look, just Google Recreation Therapy Videos and you should see a listing for Indiana University’s Scholarworks. The list of titles appears below. Check them out. List of Recreation Therapy Videos: Adaptive equipment Case studies Clinical supervision Documentation and behavioral observation Effective listening Feedback in learning and performance situations History of therapeutic recreation parts I, II, III Individual program planning Interactions with people who have disabilities Models of practice : health protection/health promotion model Models of practice : leisure ability model Nonverbal communication Portraits of pioneers in therapeutic recreation Professional ethics Professionalism in therapeutic recreation Quality of life Safe transportation : safely transporting clients Therapeutic communication Therapeutic recreation history : the formative years Therapeutic recreation : the modern era To serve a purpose (Introduction to RT) Transfer techniques

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home