Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Still Wondering Where Will Ph.D.s Come From?

Seeing recent announcements of faculty position openings at several universities reminded me of the shorage of RTs with Ph.D.s. I believe there are only four universities today that have Ph.D. programs in RT. I sure hope those in our profession begin to realize the situation and take action to assure we have top scholars available to serve in RT faculty positions. I believe the National Academy of Recreational Therapists (NART) is going to take on a leadership role in dealing with this issue. Any work to solve the dilemma can't come soon enough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home