Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

May is Mental Health Month

May as Mental Health Month. The month of May is dedicated to increasing awareness of the importance of mental health and wellness in our lives, and to celebrate recovery from mental illness.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blogging for mental health is very important. It opens up important dialogues for coping and recovery. Dealing with feelings of guilt can be challenging, even overwhelming. Please check out the latest blog at frompanictopeace.com to find help and encouragement in dealing with this very human emotion.

11:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home