Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Monday, December 19, 2011

Witman Comments on my book Lessons Learned

I recently received a very nice message from Dr. Jeff Witman, CTRS, a long term friend and colleague from York University. He wrote about his experience in using my new book, Lessons Learned: An Open Letter to Recretional Therapy Students and Practitioners (Sagamore Publishing) in one of his courses.

In part, Professor Witman wrote: "Lessons Learned was a good teaching resource- understandable for students and often a discussion starter. Used it in a variety of ways including having students present various lessons and how they would apply them, generating questions based on a particular lesson, debates (agree/disagree) with some of them, relevance to policies/procedures, and relating them to other documents (Standards of Practice, code of Ethics, etc.). Thanks for creating this valuable resource!"

I really appreciated his comments and Jeff taking the time to share them with me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home