Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Monday, December 19, 2011

Free Publications on Physical Activity from NIA

The National Institute on Aging (NIA) of the National Institutes of Health (NIH) has two publications on physical activity that can be downloaded for free. They are Exercise & Physical Activity and Workout to Go.

The web address for Exercise & Physical Activity is:
http://www.nia.nih.gov/sites/default/files/ExerciseGuide_FINAL_
Aug2010_0.pdf

The web address for Workout to Go is:
http://www.nia.nih.gov/sites/default/files/workouttogo.pdf

While these publications are of particular use by RTs working with persons who are elderly, I think they have information on physical activity and specific exercises that can be applied in many settings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home