Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Tuesday, September 06, 2011

Glowing Book Review for Lessons Learned!

I just read the review of my new book, Lessons Learned: An Open Letter to Recreational Therapy Students and Practitioenrs, that appeared in the most recent issue of the American Journal of Recreation Therapy.

The review, written by Professor Victoria Dawn Shelar, Ph.D., CTRS, is extremely postive. I plan to share quotes from her review in future RT Blog posts but for today let me provide the ending to the review. Shelar writes:

"Dr. Austin has provided yet another very practical text as a result of his dedication to the profession which he so passionately embraces. Current, future and retired therapists and educators will benefit by reading this text and opening thier heart and mind to the lessons so carefully presented. Enjoy."

1 Comments:

Blogger Ann said...

Congratulations!

10:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home