Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Friday, August 26, 2011

"Obesity Epidemic" Getting Worse

A story on MedpageToday.com reports researchers are projecting that half of Americans will be obese by 2030. This would have the impact of more people with diabetes, heart disease and stroke, and cancer.

It seems like the time has come for RTs to become much more concerned about the problem of obesity -- and to develop programs to combat it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home