Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Sunday, June 19, 2011

ATRA in Indy – You Have to Attend!

If you haven't been to Indianapolis for a few years, you may not recognize it. Indy has a wonderful downtown - where the ATRA Annual Conference will be held September 18 – 21, 2011. The ATRA Annual Conference will be held at the Crown Plaza Hotel in downtown Indianapolis.

Within walking distance of the Crown Plaza Hotel are the Circle Center Mall, world class museums, and a top zoo. Not far away are the Children's Museum (that many rate as the top children's museum in the USA) and the 500 Track (with its museum).

Indy is no longer "Naptown." The "Circle City" is a going place and a terrific choice to host the ATRA Annual Conference!

(I prepared the above for the RTI Newsletter but thought I'd also post it on the RT Blog. In coming months I plan to include a number of posts on the ATRA Annual Conference in Indianapolis because Indy is such a great conference city and I'm sure the 2011 ATRA Annual Conference is one that is not to be missed!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home