Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Obesity a Problem for Children with Chronic Conditions

Evidence has been published that indicates children with chronic conditions are at increased risk for obesity compared to children without a chronic condition. This suggests RTs need to develop obesity prevention programs for children with chronic conditions.

Details can be found in an article by A.Y. Chen and colleagues that appeared in Obesity in 2010 (18 (1): 210-213). The article is titled "Prevalence of Obesity Among Children with Chronic Conditions."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home