Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Shank Retiring from Temple

I recently heard from Professor John Shank, Ed.D., CTRS, of the Department of Rehabilitation Sciences at Temple University. In his communication John confirmed that he will be retiring from Temple in June.

Those of us who know John sure hope he will stay engaged in our profession because he has been a prime player in our profession throughout his career at Temple.

Just the other day I was talking with colleagues about the Temple consensus conference that John, Terry Kinney, and Kathy Coyle put together. The resulting publication from the conference has gone down as a classic. This is but one illustration of the many contributions that John has made to our profession.

We wish you the very best in the future, John, and hope that in your future you will found within RT.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home