Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Monday, March 14, 2011

ATRA Annual Planning for Indianapolis

I just read on Marieke Van Puymbroeck's Facebook page that she will be meeting with her local planning committee tomorrow. Knowing Marieke, she will do a great job with planning efforts.

If you haven't been to Indianapolis for a few years, you may not recognize it. Indy has a wonderful downtown - where the ATRA Annual Conference will be held. Within walking distance are the Circle Center Mall, world class museums, and a top zoo. Not far away are the Children's Museum (that many rate as the top children's museum in the USA) and the 500 Track (with its museum).

The great thing about the location of Indianapolis is that it is the "crossroads of America." The vast majority of RTs are within driving distance of Indy. If you fly, the Indianapolis Airport is one of the newest in the United States.

Indy is no longer "Naptown." The "Circle City" is a going place and a terrific choice to host the ATRA Annual Conference!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home