Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Reminders of ATRA Meetings for 2011

The ATRA Mid-year Professional Issues Forum is to be held March 6-8 in Providence, RI.

The ATRA Annual Conference will be in Indianapolis on September 18-21.

I don't know much about Providence but Indy has become a premier city for conferences. The hotels are new and well located. There are many cultural venues available including a wonderful American Indian art museum, the world class Indianapolis Art Museum, and, of course, the Children's Museum (known as the best children's museum in the world!). And there is a great zoo close to downtown. And, I almost forgot, the world famous Indianapolis 500 Track that has a very interesting museum.

So I hope that every RT that can will plan to attend the ATRA Annual Conference in Indianapolis. It is sure to be a conference to remember!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home