Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Sunday, November 07, 2010

RTI Conference was a Success!

Reports on the recent Recreation Therapists of Indiana (RTI) Conference indicate it went very well! There was a large turnout and the sessions were excellent. Delegates thought David Compton’s keynote was really compelling. There was also great excitement about ATRA 2011 Annual Conference being held in Indianapolis.

Marieke Van Puymbroeck, Ph.D., CTRS, assumed her duties as RTI President at the meeting. David Zapata became president-elect, Julie Foster became secretary, and the new treasurer is Laurie Lee. Board Members at large for 2010-11 are Bryan McCormick, Erin Smith, Jenny Weber, and Mandy McQueeny. The new RTI board met and decided to hold the 2011 RTI Conference in Bloomington.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home