Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Thursday, November 04, 2010

Be Sure to Read Ray West's Response to ATRA

On October 31st I posted the response Ray West provided to the ATRA Board in regard to their proposed "model" for our association. If you haven't read Ray's response, please do because it speaks to the need for ATRA to drop the ill conceived model.

Below is part of what appears in the post. I believe it is the essence of Ray's response. It reads:

"This model persists in describing that it will 'unify' the profession when in reality this model is what divides the profession. There is substantial professional literature and health care literature to support the view that the proposed model is not consistent with practice in health care settings and divides the profession. Advancing recreational therapy services in health care settings is what the focus of ATRA should be and why ATRA was created."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home