Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Positive Psychology Article Published in AJRT

An article by David Austin, Bryan McCormick, and Marieke Van Puymbroeck, “Positive Psychology: A Theoretical Foundation for Recreation Therapy Practice,” just appeared in the recent issue of the American Journal of Recreation Therapy (Vol.9, No. 3, pp. 17 – 24). The article explains positive psychology and its relationship to RT. If you are not familiar with positive psychology, the article provides a foundation for understanding it and how it may influence RT practice.

Another source of information on positive psychology is my new book, Lessons Learned: An Open Letter to Recreational Therapy Students and Practitioners. It contains a chapter that provides an introduction to positive psychology and its fit with RT.

Still another source is the 6th edition of my book, Therapeutic Recreation Processes and Techniques. It contains 10 pages on positive psychology and RT (pp. 40 – 50).

1 Comments:

Blogger Danny Pettry said...

As always -- thanks for sharing.

8:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home