Call for TRJ Editor
Call For Editor!
Therapeutic Recreation Journal
Term December 1, 2010 to December 31, 2013
The National Recreation and Park Association (NRPA) and Sagamore Publishing LLC are currently seeking candidates for the position of editor for Therapeutic Recreation Journal (TRJ).
The Therapeutic Recreation Journal is a renowned, peer-reviewed, quarterly publication devoted to publishing scholarly and substantive manuscripts in the field of therapeutic recreation. The Journal provides a national forum for research and discussion on the needs of person with disabilities, problems confronting the profession, new vistas of services, and receiving therapeutic recreation services. The Journal seeks materials that are theoretically, empirically, or practically based and substantive in the sense of proposing, discovering, or replicating knowledge in the field of therapeutic recreation.
The information below outlines qualifications and responsibilities for the position. The editor of TRJ has a tremendous opportunity to significantly impact the therapeutic recreation field.
TRJ Editor Qualifications and Responsibilities
1. Recognized scholarly contributions to the field of leisure, recreation, and therapeutic recreation.
2. Awareness and understanding of the theory and methods of multidisciplinary approaches to the study of leisure, recreation, and therapeutic recreation.
3. Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist (CTRS) preferred.
1. Be responsible for receiving, reviewing, and selecting the material that will make up the Therapeutic Recreation Journal.
2. Be responsible for maintaining the office of the Editor of the Therapeutic Recreation Journal and its attendant requirements and duties.
3. Supervise the work of the Associate Editors and reviewers.
4. Be responsible for conducting the search for and selection of new Associate Editors.
5. Be responsible for organizing and conducting the meeting of the Associate Editors held annually during the NRPA Congress.
6. Maintain close communication with Sagamore Publishing LLC, who will serve as the Managing Editor.
7. Be responsible for implementing editorial policies and procedures as determined by the Editor, Sagamore Publishing, and the Associate Editors.
Required Institutional Support
The host institution needs to certify that the following support is available for the Editor.
1. Sufficient release time for the Editor to enable the successful discharge of the responsibilities.
2. A secretary able to provide necessary support for the Editor and necessary secretarial support equipment.
3. Adequate office space.
4. Travel expenses for the Editor to attend the annual meeting of the editorial staff at NRPA Congress.
5. Ability to assume partial costs of institutional overhead expenses for mailing, printing, forms, phone calls, and miscellaneous supplies. A stipend of $4,000.00 will be paid for this position.
Information to be Submitted with the Nomination or Application
1. A cover letter stating the candidate’s desire to be editor including comments regarding philosophy or approach to the position of Editor, as well as any appropriate changes that might be made in the Journal.
2. An up-to-date personal resume or academic vitae.
3. A statement from the supervisor indicat¬ing that the institution is willing to provide necessary support requested in the preceding section.
4. Other materials that the applicant deems appropriate.
Submit Applications to:
Dr. Joseph Bannon
Sagamore Publishing LLC
1807 North Federal Drive
Urbana, IL 61801
For questions please contact:
Dr. Joseph Bannon
Application materials must be received by October 15, 2010. Sagamore Publishing LLC and NRPA will review the nominations and officially appoint the new Editor by November 2010, who will be responsible for the first issue of the TRJ in 2011.