Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

IU & RTI Well Represented at ATRA

I just heard from Marieke Van Puymbroeck, Ph.D., CTRS, that the ATRA Conference has been going well. In fact she stated, "ATRA has been GREAT!"

Representing the Recreation Therapists of Indiana (RTI) at ATRA are Marieke, Vicki Scott, Heather Sz., Jen Piatt,Gretchen Snethen, Rachel Smith, and Jessie Bennett.

Marieke reported that IU had a wonderful dinner with 16 IU Alums and current students and that the IU doc students are the talk of the conference among educators. And IU's Rachel Smith was a Peg Connolly scholarship winner this year.

By the way, Marieke will be the conference coordinator for the 2011 ATRA Annual to be held in Indianapolis.

2 Comments:

Blogger Danny Pettry said...

I didn't go to the 2010 conference in Washington.. but I do plan to see you in Indiana next year!

9:39 PM  
Blogger Danny Pettry said...

I wish I was in WA for the 2010 conf.

9:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home