Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

20 - 30 Years Late

A good friend of mine just heard about the dissolution of NTRS. His reaction: "Wow! Only about 20 - 30 years late!" I have to agree.

2 Comments:

Blogger Danny Pettry said...

I'm not certain, but I beleive that the National Therapeutic Recreation Week was a week that was set by NTRS.

Now might be a good time for ATRA to move the week during the school year.

Just an idea.

9:40 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

NTRS is and has been an organization comprised of many dedicated professionals. My hope is that nobody else sees such thoughtless comments. ATRA is doing the right thing, though, in proposing a model that embraces the entire profession.

5:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home