Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Rankings of Top Hospitals...Which have RT?

US News just announced its ranking of the top hospitals in the United States. Here is their ranking:

1 Johns Hopkins Hospital, Baltimore
2 Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minn.
3 Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston
4 Cleveland Clinic
5 Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center, Los Angeles
6 New York-Presbyterian University Hospital of Columbia and Cornell
7 University of California, San Francisco Medical Center
8 Barnes-Jewish Hospital/Washington University, St. Louis
9 Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia
10 Duke University Medical Center, Durham, N.C.
11 Brigham and Women's Hospital, Boston
12 University of Washington Medical Center, Seattle
13 UPMC-University of Pittsburgh Medical Center
14 University of Michigan Hospitals and Health Centers, Ann Arbor

I wonder how many of these top hospitals have recreational therapy? I know that the Mayo Clinic and Duke University Medical Center have RTs but I'm not sure beyond those. Do you know?

It might be worth checking out which of these hospitals have RT and who the RTs are at these top hospitals.

1 Comments:

Blogger Danny Pettry said...

thanks for sharing.

I'd like for them to develop a list of top psychiatric/ beh. health hospitals/ treatment centers, too.

Of course, different psy hospitals often provide different treatments. one may provide services for eating disroders and another may provide services for adults and elderly, but not children.

5:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home