Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Monday, March 15, 2010

Maureen Fleetwood (1956 - 2010)

It is with great sadness that I have to report that Maureen Fleetwood passed away peacefully on March 10, 2010. Maureen was a wonderful RT who was held in the highest regard by all who knew her.

Her obituary stated Maureen was energetic and was a postive influence on those who knew her. It went on to say: "Her boundless spirit and capacity to give selflessly to others are the lasting impression she leaves with those she touched." All of this is certainly true. Maureen was one of the brightest and most perceptive persons I've had the pleasure to know. And she was certainly one of the most giving people I've ever known.

Maureen obtained her B.S. and M.S. degrees in Therapeutic Recreation from Indiana University and held positions at Valle Vista, Hooverwood Nursing Home in Indianapolis, and Bloomington Hospital. She was a member of the Clinical Faculty of Indiana University and a founder of the Recreation Therapists of Indiana.

I will greatly miss and forever fondly remember Maureen Fleetwood.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home