Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Sunday, March 07, 2010

Don't Throw It Away!

While I was thinking about RT history, I ran across an announcement from a profession interested in retaining historic information.

In their announcement they reminded us that almost any valuable historical information, in almost any format, can be of value and can be saved. If you have materials in any of the following forms, it can be digitized: DVD, CD, VHS, beta, reel-to-reel films, film-strips, slides, audio cassette tapes.

The ATRA achieves are the natural place to maintain historic RT documents but I don't believe ATRA is ready to receive information at this time. But do save it because it is too valuable to be lost.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home