Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Saturday, March 06, 2010

Where Are the Profs?

One of the issues that came up in my discussion with the GVSU students on Thursday was the need for improving RT/TR curricula. I am extremely frustrated by the lack of progress in the area of curriculum reform.

It really concerns me that university faculty have not stepped up to the plate in terms of improving our curriculum standards. At the same time, OT has gone to a master's degree as a minimum requirement. PT has moved to a practice doctorate. Yet, we can't even bring about any significant curriculum reform at the bachelor's degree level!

This is a sad state of affairs. Just where are the profs?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home