Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Thursday, February 25, 2010

Fats and Recollections of MSH RT Days

I just read that Fats Domino will turn 82 this Friday. It hardly seems possible that Fats will be 82 years old.

It seems like only yesterday when I was a young RT at Madison State Hospital in Indiana and the patients and I listened to many Fats Domino songs.

Thinking about Fats makes me recall the power of music to return us to earlier times in our lives. Talking about performers, like Fats, may be a good way to get clients to recall earlier happening from their lives.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home