Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

TRJ to ATRA?

If NTRS no longer exists, I wonder what will happen with the Therapeutic Recreation Journal? If NRPA gives it up, should ATRA take it over?

Years ago we had TRJ as our quarterly, refereed journal and, in addition, we had a second annual publication. The annual contained articles that were invited.

This seemed to me to be an ideal situation. We got the research from TRJ and current literature synthesis and opinion articles in the annual publication. Both types of writing are needed to advance the profession.

I hope that ATRA will inquire about taking over TRJ and consider turning the ATRA Annual into the publication of invited articles by the top people in our profession.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home