Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Friday, January 16, 2009

Danny Petty has Myspace Page for RTs

I just read an email message from Danny Petty, M.S., CTRS, of Hunington, West Virginia. Danny is an Indiana University alum having completed his master's degree via IU's distance learning program.

What is it about those RTs from West Virginia that has them using the latest technology to advance our profession? First it was Charlie Dixon, M.S., CTRS, who years ago began the RT/TR Directory and has been THE leader in the use of technology for RT. Now Danny has joined Charlie in employing technology to communicate with other RTs.

Below is part of the message I received from Danny. I'm passing it along in case you want to check out what Danny is doing with his Myspace page. Here is his message:

I keep a myspace blog on rec therapy. The younger generation often uses myspace. It is a great way to reach out to them.

I currently have about 1,500 people who are "friends" (connected to my myspace page). You may want to check it out...

http://www.myspace.com/recreation_therapy

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home