Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Sunday, January 18, 2009

Social Security Funding Going South!

Even younger Americans may start to become concerned about Social Security funding. From DisabilityInfo.gov comes this information:

Michael J. Astrue, Commissioner of Social Security, welcomed news reports that President-elect Barack Obama wants to begin discussions on the future of entitlement programs, including Social Security. In a report on the financial health of the Social Security Trust Funds issued in 2008, Trustees indicated that, without changes, the Fund will be exhausted by 2041, and there will be enough money to pay only about 78 cents for each dollar of scheduled benefits after 2041.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home