Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Thursday, December 18, 2008

I'm Excited to See My New Book!

One of the most exciting days in the lives of authors is the day they see their work in print. Yesterday was an exciting day for me as I received my personal copies of the 6th edition of my book, Therapeutic Recreation Processes and Techniques.

The first thing that I noticed was what Sagamore Publishing had done with the cover of the book. The cover is cream and crimson -- which happen to be the colors of Indiana University! It really has a nice look to it.

Then I noticed the length of the new edition. It is 546 pages in length. This exceeds the last edition by 20 pages. I am happy to be able to increase the length of the book in order to include more information. Many publishers try to make authors shorten books to keep down production and distribution costs. I am thankful to Sagamore Publishing for not making an issue of the increased length of the 6th edition.

Those are a couple of my first impressions. I am reading through the book now and will plan to report other features in later posts.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home