Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Possible Grant Opportunity

I just ran across an announcment on a grant opportunity. I don't have any personal knowledge about the program but thought it might be of interest to scholars in RT. Here it is:

Disability and Rehabilitation Research Projects and Centers Program - Advanced Rehabilitation Research Training (ARRT)

The purpose of this grant program is to provide research training and experience at an advanced level to individuals with doctorates or similar advanced degrees who have clinical or other relevant experience. ARRT projects train rehabilitation researchers, including researchers with disabilities, with particular attention to research areas that support the implementation and objectives of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended, and that improve the effectiveness of services authorized under it. The deadline for transmittal of an application is November 10, 2008. The entire grant announcement may be downloaded from the Federal Register.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home