Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Wednesday, July 09, 2008

Jordan Comments on TREC II

In case you missed his comment regarding TREC II, Dr. Jerry Jordan said...

TREC II will be what TR educators make it. ATRA, NTRS and the host organizations OSU and TRAO are providing the opportunity for TR educators to come together to network and discuss issues confronting the profession. As has been mentioned in earlier blogs on this site, Therapeutic Recreation is in need of curricular reform. Without NCTRC we would have no standardization of TR curricula. TR educators need to step forward, embrace the current challenges confronting TR education and dare to make a difference. I believe that ATRA and NTRS stand ready to support the effort. I hope to see all of you in Oklahoma in 2009.

Make your ideas known as the program committee, chaired by Dr. Tim Passmore at Oklahoma State. Begin the process of building the TREC II conference program.

Tim Passmore may be contacted at tim.passmore@okstate.edu

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home