Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Friday, April 18, 2008

No More TR at University of Minnesota

I didn't realize that the Univesity of Minnesota had closed its TR program until I saw this on a U of M website:

Notice regarding therapeutic recreation program:
The School of Kinesiology, in consultation with the Dean’s Officee in the College of Education and Human Development will terminate the University of Minnesota’s therapeutic recreation (TR) program. This includes the B.S. track and the M.Ed., M.A., and Ph.D. emphasis areas. The termination date is June 1, 2007. As a result of this decision, the School will no longer accept any new Therapeutic Recreation applications.

The TR program at Minnesota had always been small but had some solid faculty and had produced some excellent graduates. It is always a shame when an R1 university closes a TR program.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home