Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Sunday, March 02, 2008

CTRA Conference May 7 - 9, 2008

The 2008 Canadian Therapeutic Recreation Association (CTRA) Conference will be held in St. John's, NL, May 7-9. The theme of the 2008 conference is "Therapeutic Recreation: Respecting the Past, Embracing the Future." This will be the 12th annual CTRA Conference.

David R. Austin, Ph.D., CTRS, FALS, will lead a pre-conference workshop on May 7th and then deliver the Keynote Address for the Conference. The title of the address will be "This I Believe...(about Therapeutic Recreation)."

I feel very honored to be asked to speak at the CTRA Conference and look forward to getting to know our colleagues in Canada.

For information on the 2008 CTRA Conference go to http://ctra2008.org

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home