Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Saturday, January 12, 2008

SIU has Grad Assistantships

I recently received information about graduate assistantships in RT at Southern Illinois University. SIU has a strong RT faculty (with Marjorie Malkin and Heewon Yang) and a long history in RT -- so the assistantships are something that anyone with interest in doing a master's degree should examine. In short, they provide a great opportunity!

My personal advise is for prospective students to contact Professor Marjorie Malkin to introduce themselves and to inquire about the assistantship opportunities. Her contact information is at the bottom of this post.

Here is the information I received from SIU:

Professor Marjorie Malkin has announced that Southern Illinois University has graduate assistantship openings available in RT. SIU has openings in August for 3 students and openings in May for 2-3 students who would work half time in adolescent substance abuse treatment programs or in a campus inclusive recreation
program.

Applications should be completed by early March.

Contact:
Professor Marjorie Malkin
Department of Health Education and Recreation
College of Education and Human Services
Southern Illinois University Carbondale
(618) 453-1864
mmalkin@siu.edu

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home