Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Technologies Use by Students

Research on the views and ownership of various technologies was recently conduced with full-time college students by Eduventures. Results from this study should be of interest to RT faculty.

Among students responding to the question, which of the following devices do you currently own, 79% own a laptop compared to 49% who own a desktop; 30% own both.

The research also found that most students spend up to five hours a day on the Internet, with a fairly even distribution between personal and school use, and e-mail remains the most popular communication tool and the preferred method of contact for all school purposes.

The results somewhat surprised me in that I would not have thought that e-mail is still so popular among students. Was anyone else surprised by this?

From:
"Snapshot: Personal Electronic Devices Owned by Students," Campus Technology, 1/8/2008, http://www.campustechnology.com/article.aspx?aid=57155

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home