Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Friday, July 13, 2007

When Not to Use Email

According to an article by Kathleen D. Pagana in the July, 2007, issue of American Nurse Today, we should use the telephone or snail mail, not email, for the following subjects:

*Sending a thank you note
*Resigning from a job
*Discussing confidential or sensitive information
*Sending urgent information without follow-up (Computer glitches do happen.)
*When you need an immediate response (Use the phone.)

Pagana also offers 17 tips for email etiquette that may be of help to RTs. I'll plan to pass these along at a later date on the RT Blog. In the meanwhile, happy Friday the 13th!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home