Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Monday, July 09, 2007

Mental Illness in America

1 in 4 American adults live with mental health problems each year. With proper treatment and support, most people with mental illnesses live productive lives at home in their communities(Archives of General Psychiatry, June 2005). RTs can do much to speed the recovery of those who are mentally ill.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home