Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

2008 ATRA Mid-Year Cancelled

The announcement found below was posted on the ATRA Blog on Tuesday, July 3, 2007:

"The 2008 Mid-Year Professional Issues Forum, which was scheduled for March 2008 in Tulsa, OK, has been cancelled. Due to changes within the Association, the Board of Directors has decided to cancel this event. "

I just read the announcement today. My initial reaction is that the cancellation is a surprise. Many of us put our hearts, efforts, and financial support into founding ATRA. I have a personal investment in our professional organization (Founding Member, Past President, Past Board Member) and I would like to know more about why the decision was made. I hope today's ATRA leaders will soon be informing us ATRA members about the decision.

1 Comments:

Blogger DRD said...

The ATRA Board of Directors has cancelled the 2008 Mid-Year as they look at broader participation in local and regional conferences in order to better serve the membership and reach out at on a more grassroots level.

3:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home