Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Thursday, May 24, 2007

SE TR Symposium Program is Outstanding

I just received an announcment for the Southeast Therapeutic Recreation Symposium to be held in Duluth, Georgia, July 18 - 20, 2007. While a regional conference, the program appears to be on a par with most national RT conferences.

The outstanding list of speakers includes a number of nationally known figures. Among those speaking are Thom Skalko, Carmen Russoniello, Ray West, Pam Wilson, Gene Hayes, Peg Connolly, Wayne Pollock, Janet Funderburk, Susan McGhree, Tom McPike, and Al Kaye.

The conference hotel will be the Atlanta Marriott Gwinnett Place in Duluth, Georgia, with rooms at the conference rate of $108 plus tax per night (800-236-0370). The preregistration cost is $185 for professionals and $105 for students. CEUs will be available for a $15 processing fee. Registration is being handled by Pam Wilson of the Wake Forest University Baptist Medical Center Recreation Therapy Department, Medical Center Blvd, Winston-Salem, NC 27157-1110. Phone 336-716-6778. Email pwilson@wfubmc.edu