Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Sunday, May 06, 2007

RT Profs May Wish to Review Others' Syllabi

McCann and Perlman (2006) have suggested means for university instructors to avoid burnout while making teaching and life more enjoyable. Among their suggestions was: To review syllabi from others who teach the same class.

I believe this tip is a valuable one. Seeing what and how other RT profs teach may open up one's mind to new approaches.

In fact, it might be a good idea for someone to begin an organized effort for RT profs to share syllabi. This not only could provide information to revise courses but might provide a step toward greater standardization of curricula.

(The full citation for the cited article is: McCann, L.i., & Perlman, B. (2006). Make your teaching and your life more enjoyable. Observer, 19 (6), 25.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home