Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Friday, November 24, 2006

Book That Should be of Interest to RTs

I recently ran across a book titled Natural Relief for Axniety: Complementary Strategies for Easing Fear, Panic & Worry. On the cover it states the book provides "a broad spectrum of drug-free remdies that deal with the major sources of anxiety." RTs should find much in this book that may be applied with their clients.

While Austin's TR textbook, Therapeutic Recreation Processes and Techniques, covers many of the same topics found in Natural Relief for Axniety, this new book contains a number of activities and exercises that RTs may wish to apply with clients. Chapters include such topics as relaxation, exercise as a natural outlet for anxiety, thinking calm, and meditation.

Natural Relief for Axniety was authored by Edmund J. Bourne, Arlen Brownstein, and Lorna Garano and was published by New Harbinger Publications, Inc. in 2004. I found my copy at a Borders store.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home