Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Monday, November 06, 2006

RTV Video Resources

I just read an email message from Professor Chuck Killingsworth in which he discussed instructional DVDs he has obtained to use in his courses. Seeing his message prompted me to wonder if RT educators and recreational therapists are aware that the Recreation Therapy Videos, produced by Indiana University, are still available to borrow.

Among the 23 Recreation Therapy Video Project (RTV) videos are titles such as: "TR Models: Leisure Ability Model"; "TR Models: Health Protection/Health Promotion"; "Professionalism in Therapeutic Recreation"; "Professional Ethics"; "Pioneers in Therapeutic Recreation"; and "History of Therapeutic Recreation Parts I, II, III & To Serve a Purpose."

Each of 23 RTV videos is described on the Indiana University TR web site. To access the IU TR web pages, go to http://www.indiana.edu/~iutr/

On the left side of the main page of the IU TR web site are a series of boxes. One is labeled "Recreation Therapy Videos." Just click on it and the full listing of RTV titles/descriptions will appear.

Having directed the RTV Project, I have received many positive comments about the RTV series. If you are not familiar with the titles, I hope you will have a look.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home