Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Sunday, September 03, 2006

Resources Interpret Recreational Therapy

Students are often searching for information in order to learn more about the nature of recreational therapy. Two web sites offer help to those wishing to learn more about RT.

Perhaps the best source is "The Recreational Therapy Professional," that appeared as the July, 2004, Allied Health Profession of the Month. The address for the article is http://www.healthpronet.org/ahp_month/07_04.html

The second web site the US Department of Labor's Occupational Outlook Handbook on "Recreational Therapy." The address is http://stats.bls.gov/oco/ocos082.htm

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home