Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Monday, August 14, 2006

Positive Psychology Books You Should Know About

As mentioned in my last post, my wife and I just returned from the APA Conference held in New Orleans. One of the things I really enjoy about the APA Conference is visiting the exhibit area and going through the book publishers' booths. Needless to say, we probably ended up buying too many books -- but there were many more that I would have liked to have purchased.

I may mention some other titles in future posts, but for now, let me talk about one book I found. It is Quality of Life Therapy: Applying a Life Satisfaciton Approach to Positive Psychology and Cognitive Therapy, published in 2006 by John Wiley & Sons, Inc. The author is Michael B. Frisch. The book uses positive psychology as a springboard for applying quality of life techniques. I think RTs will like the book because it provides both theory and practical information. By the way, it is a large book but is out in paperback.

While on positive psychology books, there is a new paperback book out by Chirstopher Peterson titled, A Primer in Positive Psychology. The book deals with applying positive psychology. I have not seen it but it has received rave reviews on the web site "Coaching Towards Happiness." If you want to read what is said about the book, the address of that web site is ben@coachingtowardhappiness.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home