Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Health Professions Press

Today in the mail I received a brochure titled "Activities for Older Adults" from Health Professions Press. I can't recall previously seeing their publications but the brochure featured several titles that may be of interest to RTs working with older clients. Included were titles such as Movement with Meaning: A Multisensory Program for Individuals with Early-Stage Alzheimer's Disease, The Positive Interactions Program of Activities for People with Alzheimer's Disease, and Therapeutic Thematic Arts Programming for Older Adults.

As far as I could tell, none of the books had been authored by a recreation therapist -- mostly social workers and art therapists. Nevertheless, Health Professions Press may be a good resource for some RTs and, perhaps, a publisher for RT authors to consider. The publisher has a web site. If you want to check further go to www.healthpropress.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home