Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Sunday, February 02, 2014

My Post on MedPage Today Regarding Mental Health Services

It is a crime the way we have treated persons with mental illnesses. Those who called for closing of state hospitals and for the "civil rights" of those with mental illness had little understanding of the needs of people with problems in mental health. Today we need excellent psychiatric hospitals and the right to care for those who need care. Let's stop pretending that people do not need hospitalization for severe problems in mental health and provide the required services.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home