Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Tuesday, July 02, 2013

Pleased to Announce a New Book

UPS just delivered my personal copies of the 6th edition of Inclusive and Special Recreation: Opportunities for Diverse Populations to Flourish. Youngkhill Lee and I authored the book. It is always a very good day for me to have a new book that I've authored (or co-authored in this case) in my hands.

The book is aimed at students studying for careers in parks, receation, and tourism. I sure hope that our book has wide use in universities across the U.S. and Canada as it has much to say about leisure services being truly inclusionary -- that is serving not only people with disabilities but all who are from underrepresented sectors of society such as aging populations, women, those with nondominent sexual orientations, and people from racial and ethnic groups.

As stated in the Preface: "In order to reflect the broadened concept of inclusion represented in the sixth edition of Inclusive and Special Recreation, as well as to represent the perspective that recreation and leisure contribute significantly to the growth and well-being of individuals, the subtitle of the book has been revised. The full title of the sixth edition is Inclusive and Special Recreation: Opportunities for Diverse Populations to Flourish."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home