Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Sunday, September 23, 2012

416 Receive ATRAnet Post on a New App

On ATRAnet, I just sent out the post below regarding a new app named SpeechHero. When I received my confirmation that my message had been distributed it was indicated there were 416 recipents. This is the highest number I can ever recall on ATRAnet -- and it pleases me to see so many individuals using ATRA's listserv.

Oh, by the way, here is the post I sent out on ATRAnet:
 There are almost a million apps for smartphones or mobile devices. Some may be of help in RT. I read about one today in the Indianapolis Star.
The app was created by Bloomingsoft right here in my hometown of Bloomington, Indiana. It is SPEECHHERO, now available for iPad and with an iPhone version on the way.
The article states: SpeechHero allows those who are nonverbal, or have limited verbal ability, to communicate by tapping icons and using text-to-speech options. It’s also helpful for singers ordered to rest their vocal chords.
The cost is $100.00. The website address given is www.speechhero.com/



I’m not personally familiar with the app but it may be worth checking out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home