Name:
Location: Indiana, United States

I became a Professor Emeritus after serving 29 years as a recreational therapy faculty member at Indiana University. I'm a long-time Hoosier, having grown up in Hanover, Indiana. My RT practitioner work was in psych/mental health. After completing my Ph.D. at the University of Illinois, my first faculty position was at the University of North Texas. RT has been a wonderful profession for me as I have had the opportunity to serve as an author and national leader.

Friday, April 06, 2012

Congratulations Prof. Michelle Gerken & Brittany

Yesterday I spoke at the Eastern Kentucky University CTRS Workshop which was held in Richmond on the EKU campus. The Workshop was the brainchild of EKU Professor Michelle Gerken, who did a magnificant job of organizing and conducting the event. We need more faculty like Michelle who will take time away from their normal university duties to bring continuing education opportunities to practitioners.

I also need to applaud the efforts of Brittany Toombs, Michelle's graduate assistant. Brittany assisted Michelle in organizing and conducting the workshop and did a splendid job. She also displayed a winning personality, which will take her a long way once she leaves EKU to become an M.S., CTRS.

I should also mention that those attending (from all over Kentucky and several from Ohio) were enthusiastic learners. It was good to see such positive attitudes displayed by RTs -- although it didn't surprise me as over the years I've found that RTs are largely positive, optomistic individuals.

In short, the EKU Workshop was well organized and well conducted. I was glad to be a part of it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home